Impala Platinum to acquire 24.5% of Royal Bafokeng Platinum
Impala offer to ordinary shareholders of Royal Bafokeng
The company has further announced its intention to buy the remaining issued ordinary share capital of RBPlat, with a minimum acceptance level of 50%.
Details of the offer
Implats firm intention offer is at value of R150 per share, for all the shares it does not already hold in RBPlat. The R150 per share offer is made up of R90 in cash and 0.30 Implats shares for one RBPlat share.
Suggested benefit of the offer
Implats’ acquisition of a majority stake in RBPlat is suggested to provide strategic, operational and financial benefits for all stakeholders. The acquisition and the synergies created are expected to grow and optimize the value of the Implats asset portfolio, enhancing the group’s Western Limb production base the most significant source of Platinum Group Metal (PGM) production globally. The group has also suggested that by extending life of mines, the acquisition would increase job security as well as socio-economic benefits, particularly within the greater-Rustenburg region.
RBPlats to review offer
The RBPlat board has appointed PSG Capital as an independent to assess and guide shareholders as to whether the terms and conditions of the deal are fair and reasonable
Impala Platinum – Technical View
The share price of Impala Platinum has formed a bullish price reversal off range support at 17910. The price reversal is supported by a move out of oversold territory by the stochastic oscillator.
Range resistance at 22710 provides the initial upside target from the move. Traders who are long might consider using a close below the reversal low at 17910 as a stop loss indication for the trade.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.