After NVIDIA's (NASDAQ: NVDA ) astounding AI-fueled earnings results and guidance last week, its valuation briefly vaulted past the $1 trillion mark and Wall Street analysts scrambled to jack up estimates on the company. But that massive surge makes Nvidia a tricky buy right now: InvestingPro’s fair value algorithm calls the stock overvalued at current levels, with some 30% potential downside risk.
So if you’re itching to jump on an AI play, where should you be looking? Five VIP Pro Picks have made the cut, per InvestingPro metrics, and Baidu (NASDAQ: BIDU ) stands out among them as wildly undervalued.
This week’s picks all look poised to benefit from the AI explosion. But, importantly, they’ve also earned top marks from InvestingPro, indicating a fantastic track record on profits, cash flow, and other critical indicators - which can give you peace of mind even as you get in on this scorching hot trend.
Turning to Baidu, the China-based search giant just announced that it will officially launch a generative AI large-language model “very soon” in order to upgrade its search engine and power its Ernie Bot app - in the mold of the ubiquitous ChatGPT - aiming to “reconstruct Baidu’s mobile ecosystem with a native AI approach.” On top of that, the company is setting up a 1 billion yuan ($145 million) venture capital fund for AI-focused start-ups.
Not only is Baidu positioning itself ahead of the AI trend, but the company’s financial metrics are rock-solid, giving it a comfortable InvestingPro financial health score of 2.93 that reflects its substantial bottom-line growth, even as the stock trades at a discount. Baidu’s price-to-earnings ratio, for instance, is quite low relative to its recent profit growth, and it has recorded a 475% leap in cumulative diluted earnings per share over the past three years.
Most stunningly, InvestingPro’s fair value algorithm says Baidu’s shares have more than 40% upside from current levels. And Wall Street agrees: Analyst targets call for a 36.5% surge from here.
Want to see the full list of this month's Pro Picks poised to beat the market? Start a 7-day free trial to unlock must-have insights and data. And while you’re here, dig into InvestingPro’s wealth of tools and screeners to begin building a lucrative portfolio.
If you're already an InvestingPro subscriber, this week's full Pro Picks list is available here.
Data as of June 1, 2023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.