After a brief hiatus, we’re back with a fresh set of Pro Picks - and PulteGroup Inc (NYSE: PHM ) is a rock-solid highlight among four top stocks that have not only earned top InvestingPro health ratings, but are also wildly undervalued per both InvestingPro's calculations and Wall Street analysts.
Headquartered in Atlanta, PulteGroup is a powerhouse residential homebuilder whose latest earnings report throttled profit estimates by $0.71 per share while also coming in well ahead of sales targets. Both Deutsche Bank (ETR: DBKGn ) and Oppenheimer call it a Top Pick, and analysts polled by InvestingPro overall figure the stock has at least 30% upside ahead.
That squares with the Great Performance health rating it has achieved on InvestingPro, underpinned by an impressive raw score of 3.67 out of 5, which puts it in rare company: For the past 7 years, a portfolio of stocks with a 2.75+ raw score has significantly outperformed the S&P 500. If that weren't enough, InvestingPro’s fair value algorithm puts share upside at an astonishing 50%+ above current levels.
All of this week’s Pro Picks have clinched well-above-2.75 health scores, as well, while also rating as supremely undervalued.
Returning to PulteGroup, the company yields a lofty return on invested capital and consistently drives its earnings per share higher, and has notched a nearly 100% average return on both assets and invested capital over the past two years. Its trends in revenue and operating income are also top-shelf, with 100% scores achieved in both, per InvestingPro metrics.
With all that, its price-to-earnings ratio is at a bargain basement 6.4x.
Deutsche Bank has high hopes for the firm, saying in May, “We expect to see PHM pull all the right levers to execute on a dual strategy of faster growth and increased capital efficiency,” adding that they also envision PHM sustaining higher profit margins.
PulteGroup shares are up nearly 60% year to date, but all indications say the rally is just getting started.
Want to see the full list of this month's Pro Picks poised to beat the market? Start a 7-day free trial to unlock must-have insights and data. And while you’re here, dig into InvestingPro’s wealth of tools and screeners to begin building a lucrative portfolio.
If you're already an InvestingPro subscriber, this week's full Pro Picks list is available here.
Data as of Sept. 22, 2023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.