The South Africa 40 Cash Index price looks to be failing at resistance, although the longer term trend remains up.
Circled blue, we see the South Africa 40 Cash Index is finding short term resistance on the 72840 level. Should todays candle close lower (as is current), 71125 becomes the initial support target from the move.
We do however still consider the longer-term trend to be up and would therefore prefer to wait for weakness to play out before looking for long entry on a bullish reversal at one of the labelled support levels on our chart.
Alternatively, we would be looking for long entry on a price close above the 72840-resistance level. In this scenario, 74180 would become the initial resistance target from the move.
Cash adjustment / dividend
There is a 28.1-point cash adjustment expected on the South Africa 40 Cash Index on Tuesday the 2nd of May 2023.
IG client sentiment
As of 3pm on Tuesday the 2nd of May 2023, the majority (62%) of IG clients with open positions on the South Africa 40 Cash Index expect the price to fall, while 38% of clients with open positions expect the price to rise.
Key Data to watch
The week ahead sees a relatively light domestic calendar in terms of scheduled high impact data, although there are several international events which could provide short term volatility. The most significant data points are likely to be Wednesday’s Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) rates announcement and policy statement , Thursdays European Central Bank (ECB) meeting as well as Friday’s US Non-Farm Payroll and Unemployment Claims data.
A calendar of scheduled economic data points for the week is as follows:
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.