Kalshi is a financial exchange offering access to a diverse range of assets, including event contracts on GDP, Debt Ceiling, and more, as well as traditional assets like S&P and Forex. Regulated by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Kalshi caters to both retail and institutional traders, distinguishing itself through its unique event contract offerings and short-duration trading options.
Pros and Cons
- Event Contracts: Trade on a wide range of unique events, from GDP to Supreme Court cases.
- Diverse Asset Selection: Access traditional assets such as S&P, NASDAQ, Forex, and commodities.
- Short and Long Duration: Enjoy trading flexibility with options ranging from 0DTE to longer terms.
- Extended Trading Hours: Trade outside of traditional market hours, from 8:00 AM to 11:59 PM EDT on most days
- API Integration: Advanced traders can utilize the API for customized trading solutions.
- Low Entry Point: You can open and maintain an account for free. A minimum trade size of just $1 makes it accessible to traders of all levels.
- Position Limits: Some markets impose position limits of $25,000, limiting trading capacity.
- Limited Stock and Bond Options: Kalshi doesn’t offer pure stocks and bonds trading.
- Liquidity Constraints: Smaller markets may have liquidity limitations, affecting execution speed.
Who Is Recommended For?
Kalshi caters to a broad spectrum of traders, making it an ideal choice for both retail and institutional investors based in the United States. Its versatile offerings, including event contracts and traditional assets, suit traders of various expertise levels. With a low minimum initial deposit of just $1, it welcomes newcomers to the trading world. The availability of a user-friendly mobile app, coupled with real-time support chat and email customer service, ensures accessibility and assistance for all. However, traders should be aware of position limits in specific markets and limited stock and bond options.
- U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (United States)
- Event Contracts: Trade on unique events such as Inflation, GDP, Debt Ceiling, and Supreme Court cases
- Short Duration Trading: Access short-duration options, including 0DTE contracts
- API Integration: Advanced traders can harness the power of APIs for tailored solutions
- Mobile App: Enjoy on-the-go trading with the user-friendly mobile app for Android and iOS
- Real-time Support: Kalshi offers real-time support chat and quick email responses during market hours
- Extended Trading Hours: Ability to trade outside of traditional market hours.
- Type of Broker Financial Exchange, Online, Direct access
- Regulation & Licensing U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (United States)
- Clients Accepted from United States
- Assets Offered Event Contracts on Assets: S&P, NASDAQ, Commodities, Real-World Events (Inflation, GDP, Unemployment, weather)
- Platforms Available Desktop, Mobile, API
- Mobile Compatibility iOS, Android
- Payment Types Accepted ACH, Wire, Microdeposit
Commission Per Trade
Copy Trading Support
Trading and Investment Tools
- One Click Trading Yes
- Trade off Charts Yes
- Email Alerts Yes
- Mobile Alerts Yes
- Stop Order No
- Market Order Yes
- Trailing Stop Order No
- OCO Orders No
- Limit Order Yes
- 24hr Trading No
- Charting Package No
- Streaming News Feed No
Compliance & Regulation
Kalshi operates under the regulatory oversight of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). This regulatory body ensures that the financial exchange complies with strict financial and operational standards, providing traders with a level of protection and transparency. As a U.S.-only platform, Kalshi adheres to stringent regulatory requirements, giving users confidence in its commitment to fair and secure trading practices.
Fees & Commissions
- Margin Interest 0%
Kalshi is positioned as a competitively priced financial exchange in the market. It offers accessibility to traders with a low minimum initial deposit of just $1, making it attractive to traders of various experience levels. While some position limits exist, Kalshi fee structure is transparent and straightforward, allowing traders to understand the costs associated with their trading activities easily.
- Supported Languages English
- Customer Service By Email and Chat
- Customer Service Hours 8am – 11:59pm ET, except Thurs & Sat (8am – 10pm ET for maintenance)
- Email Response Time 10 Minutes
- Telephone Orders No
- Personal Account Manager No
Reliability & Security
Kalshi prioritizes the security of its users through several measures, including encryption, KYC (Know Your Customer) procedures, 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication), and market surveillance. Additionally, the financial exchange employs identity authorization via email for user requests, enhancing account security. These safeguards, coupled with its CFTC regulation, contribute to a reliable and secure trading environment for clients.
Kalshi offers a user-friendly website design with intuitive navigation. Customer support is robust, featuring real-time chat and swift email responses during market hours. The trading platform is known for its efficiency, especially for those seeking short-duration contracts. Account opening is straightforward with a low $1 initial deposit, making it accessible for traders of all levels.
Final Thoughts on
In conclusion, Kalshi stands out as a versatile online financial exchange regulated by the U.S. CFTC. Its unique event contracts, diverse asset selection, and user-friendly mobile app cater to both retail and institutional traders. While position limits and limited stock options are considerations, the financial exchange’s transparent fee structure and commitment to security make it a compelling choice for traders looking to access innovative trading opportunities with a low entry point.
Trading Platform Screenshots
Q: Is Kalshi available for traders outside of the United States?
A: No, Kalshi is exclusively available for traders within the United States.
Q: Does Kalshi offer a free demo account for new traders to practice their strategies?
A: Yes, Kalshi provides a free demo account, allowing traders to practice without risking real capital.
Q: What are the key advantages of using Kalshi’s API integration for trading?
A: Kalshi’s API integration allows for customized trading solutions, making it a preferred choice for advanced traders seeking flexibility.