Here is your Pro Recap of the biggest analyst picks and cuts you may have missed today: Upgrades at Adobe, Wayfair, and Chevron, and a downgrade at Carvana.
Adobe gains on Morgan Stanley upgrade
Adobe Systems (NASDAQ: ADBE ) shares gained more than 2% pre-market today after Morgan Stanley upgraded the company to Overweight from Equalweight and raised its price target to $660.00 from $510.00, as reported in real-time on InvestingPro.
The bank highlighted the reasons behind the rating change, stating that the increased clarity on AI-enabled products and the roadmap for monetization have bolstered their confidence in Creative Cloud's organic growth potential. Additionally, the expectation of mid/high-teens EPS growth within the next three years provides further justification for an increase in the multiple and price target.
Carvana slashed to Underperform at Jefferies
Jefferies downgraded Carvana (NYSE: CVNA ) to Underperform from Hold and cut its price target to $30.00 from $55.00, representing the fifth downgrade this month.
Consensus appears to overestimate the sustainability of recently elevated profitability, which we believe benefited from transitory tailwinds that will abate in the coming quarters. Our revised '24 GPU/EBITDA are ~10%/45% below the Street, despite us assuming per unit economics remain well above prepandemic levels.
Wayfair shares jump on upgrade
Piper Sandler upgraded Wayfair (NYSE: W ) to Overweight from Neutral and raised its price target to $97.00 from $35.00. As a result, shares jumped over 8% pre-market today.
The upgrade was driven by stabilizing the home furnishings industry, improving sales, positive supplier feedback, attractive valuation, and the potential for sustained EBITDA profitability.
The company is set to report its Q2/23 earnings on Thursday before the market opens.
Chevron earns an upgrade at Goldman Sachs
We upgrade Chevron from Neutral to Buy on (a) leading capital returns; (b) clear inflection in cash flow in 2024 and volumes in 2025; and (c) relative valuation, particularly in 2025.
Shares gained more than 1% pre-market today.
Get ready to supercharge your investment strategy with our exclusive discounts.
Don't miss out on this limited-time opportunity to access cutting-edge tools, real-time market analysis, and expert insights. Join InvestingPro today and unlock your investing potential. Hurry, the Summer Sale won't last forever!
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.