Here is your Pro Recap of the biggest analyst picks you may have missed since yesterday: upgrades at Corning, AutoZone, Kohl's, and MorphoSys.
Corning upgraded to Buy at Citi
The upgrade was based on increased confidence in margin expansion targets following recent Display price increases in a tighter supply-demand environment. Additionally, the firm sees improved productivity enhancements in the Optical segment offsetting a moderated demand outlook.
Furthermore, the company's improving FCF generation, driven by better working capital and modest capital expenditures, could lead to a resumption in share repurchases.
AutoZone earns another upgrade
UBS upgraded AutoZone (NYSE: NYSE: AZO ) to Buy from Neutral and raised its price target to $2,900.00 from $2,800.00.
Shares gained more than 4% yesterday after the company announced a repurchase of an additional $2.0 billion of its common stock in connection with its ongoing share repurchase program.
Earlier this week, Evercore ISI upgraded the company to Outperform from In Line with a price target of $2,700.00 (from $2,640.00), noting that the recent decline in share price since reporting lower-than-expected Q3 sales last month gives the stock a more attractive entry point.
2 more upgrades
Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS ) shares gained more than 2% yesterday after TD Cowen upgraded the company to Outperform from Market Perform and raised its price target to $30.00 from $23.00. The firm believes the new CEO's practical retail strategies can succeed after years of insufficient change.
JPMorgan upgraded MorphoSys (NASDAQ: MOR ) to Overweight from Underweight and raised its price target to $10.00 from $3.30. Shares jumped more than 13% pre-market today.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.