Here is your Pro Recap of the biggest analyst picks you may have missed since yesterday: upgrades at NVIDIA, Carnival, Toll, and Futu.
NVIDIA receives 3 upgrades after strong Q1 earnings
NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA ) was upgraded at three Wall Street firms after the company reported its Q1 results , beating the Street estimates and providing significantly better-than-expected guidance, as InvestingPro reported in real time.
As a result, shares surged more than 24% yesterday. Q1 EPS came in at $1.09 on revenue of $7.19 billion, compared to the consensus estimates of $0.92 and $6.52B, respectively. The company expects Q2/24 revenue to be $11.00B, plus or minus 2%, beating the consensus estimate of $7.15B. This is attributed to the growing demand for its AI chips, used in ChatGPT and similar services.
Craig-Hallum upgraded the company to Buy from Hold and raised its price target to $500.00 from $190.00, while Wedbush upgraded to Outperform from Neutral, raising its price target to $490.00 from $290.00. Baird moved its rating to Outperform from Neutral with a price target of $475.00 (from $300.00).
Carnival upgraded at Citi
Citi upgraded Carnival (NYSE: CCL ) to Buy from Neutral and raised its price target to $14.00 from $10.00, noting that the company’s balance sheet is at a "turning point" as the cruise industry recovers from pandemic-era restrictions.
"As arguably the last remaining COVID reopening story, pandemic tailwinds to the cruise industry are greater than any macro headwinds," mentioned the bank, adding that the new CEO Josh Weinstein’s turnaround efforts are working.
2 more upgrades
RBC Capital upgraded Toll Brothers (NYSE: TOL ) to Outperform from Sector Perform and raised its price target to $77.00 from $55.00 after a strong Q2 beat, which resulted in shares gaining more than 4% yesterday.
The firm believes sentiment has been overly negative on a relative basis given Toll’s high-end, West Coast, and build-to-order exposures, with recent trends providing evidence that it has experienced improvement similar to peers.
Zelman & Associates, another Wall Street firm, upgraded the company to Buy from Hold.
Credit Suisse upgraded Futu (NASDAQ: FUTU ) to Outperform from Neutral with a price target of $49.00.
The company reported its Q1 results on Wednesday, with revenue coming in better than the consensus estimate.
In fast-moving markets, every second counts - and InvestingPro subscribers are always one step ahead with lightning-quick updates.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.