The challenges of transport and logistics management across the African continent present significant opportunities for companies that can leapfrog traditional supply chain practices and adopt automation technologies.
Real-time transport and logistics visibility is transforming the way transport organisations operate, providing them and their customers with live updates on the location and status of the vehicle fleet as well as the goods that have been ordered. Without this technology, companies do not have insights into deliveries, leading to inefficiencies and customer dissatisfaction, and an inability to keep up with competitors.
With the needs of customers in the region in mind, SEIDOR in Africa has developed a transport solution for SAP Business One referred to as Transport One that provides real-time, end-to-end transport visibility for SMBs that have implemented the ERP solution to automate key functions across their business.
Daisy Ndanyi, Head of Technical Account Management at SEIDOR in Africa, East Africa Region, says the Seidor Transport One solution was developed in consultation with SEIDOR’s large base of customers in the transport and logistics industry.
“What we have now is a seamless solution that integrates with SAP Business One and provides our clients with the information they need to optimise their transport and logistics operations,” she says. “Real-time visibility allows for accurate tracking and tracing of assets, and their location and status, throughout the supply chain.”
Ndanyi adds that any business that operates a fleet of commercial vehicles requires information about the whereabouts of any given vehicle at any time. Incorporating the latest GPS technology, SEIDOR’s solution is far more than just a tool to help commercial drivers to navigate from location to location. “It allows SMBs to monitor vehicle location, geo-fencing, vehicle speed, odometer reading and routes taken.”
As part of a modern mobile transport tracking software tool, the solution provides information that is critical to cost assessment, excellent customer service and improved efficiency.
Here are six key ways the solution can maximise ROI:
“The extremely positive response we have had from our SMB customers in the transport sector demonstrates just how beneficial this add-on is proving to be. We will continue to add features and functionality as the demand arises.”
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.