Accenture (NYSE: NYSE: ACN ) reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and full fiscal year ended August 31, 2023, on Thursday. In the fourth quarter, the company achieved revenues of $16.0 billion, marking a 4% increase in both U.S dollars and local currency compared to the same period in fiscal 2022. The GAAP operating income was $1.91 billion, down from $2.27 billion in the fourth quarter of the previous year, while the operating margin stood at 12.0%, a decrease from 14.7% in Q4 of fiscal 2022.
For the full fiscal year, Accenture recorded revenues of $64.1 billion, representing a growth of 4% in U.S dollars and 8% in local currency compared to fiscal 2022. The GAAP operating income was $8.81 billion, down from $9.37 billion in fiscal 2022, with an operating margin of 13.7%, a decrease from 15.2% in fiscal 2022.
According to InvestingPro data, Accenture's market cap stands at a robust $187.42 billion, with a P/E ratio of 26.25. The company's revenue for the last twelve months (LTM2023.Q3) amounted to $63550.2M USD, with a gross profit of $20496.03M USD. These figures underscore Accenture's strong financial position and its ability to generate substantial profits.
The company announced a quarterly cash dividend of $1.29 per share for shareholders recorded by October 12, 2023, marking a notable increase of 15% over the previous quarterly dividend. This aligns with InvestingPro Tips, which highlight Accenture's track record of consistently increasing earnings per share and maintaining dividend payments for 19 consecutive years. Investors interested in more such insights can find them on InvestingPro, which lists 16 additional tips for Accenture.
In terms of future outlook, Accenture expects revenue growth of between 2% to 5% in local currency for fiscal year 2024. The GAAP diluted EPS is projected to be between $11.41 to $11.76, an increase of 6% to 9%, while adjusted EPS is expected to range between $11.97 to $12.32, marking an increase of between 3% to 6%.
Julie Sweet, chair and CEO of Accenture, expressed pride in the company's strong financial performance in fiscal year 2023, attributing the success to their focus on meeting client needs. She acknowledged the company's workforce of 733,000 people for their contribution to the results and their commitment to creating value for all stakeholders. The InvestingPro Tips also recognize Accenture as a prominent player in the IT Services industry, further emphasizing the company's strong market position.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.