By Christiana Sciaudone
Nestle Health Science already has a 25.6% equity stake in the company, with its first investment made in 2016.
"Aimmune has $261 million in cash and $134 million in debt. With our prior investment of $473 million in Aimmune, we'll be making a cash payment of just under $2 billion," NHS head Greg Behar told Reuters in an interview.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Aimmune's Palforzia for peanut allergies in January. It is an oral immunotherapy indicated for the mitigation of allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, that may occur with accidental exposure to peanuts. More than 1.6 million kids and teenagers in the U.S. have peanut allergies, the company said.
Palforzia has sales potential of $1 billion, Behar told Reuters.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.