Altron Security Appoints New Managing Director
JSE-listed technology company Altron (JO: AELJ ) has appointed Andrew Whittaker as its new Managing Director of Altron Security with effect from 1 December 2021. Previously Executive: Services and Business Development at Altron Security, Whittaker was responsible for sales, business development, marketing, and services management, Whittaker takes over from Marius Agenbag, who is retiring.
Whittaker has been with Altron Security (previously Ubusha) since 2001 and has over 26 years of technical, management and industry experience. This positions him well to drive the long-term growth strategy of Altron Security which recently acquired LAWtrust from Etion.
“Security is one of our strategic growth pillars. We provide customers with one-stop-shop in identity security and digital security. Andrew has the right credentials to lead Altron Security into the next phase of its growth and development. He will ensure continuity and change in the execution of Altron Security’s growth strategy,” said Altron Group CEO Mteto Nyati.
According to Altron, Whittaker has worked extensively with information technology architecture, information security, risk management, audit, and information technology stakeholders to help close the gap between business strategies and information security initiatives.
“I am pleased to be heading up one of Altron’s growth drivers at a time when security is becoming pivotal to digital business,” said Whittaker, who will also be joining the Altron Operations Committee and the LAWtrust board.
Edited by Luis Monzon
Follow Luis Monzon on Twitter
Follow IT News Africa on Twitter
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or