By Sam Boughedda
AMC Entertainment, which fell below $10 per share earlier this month and is down around 50% this year, is trading more than 17% above Thursday's close with Cinemark up 5.5% in the last hour of Friday trading.
The movie, which has been delayed a number of times due to the coronavirus pandemic, is expected to be one of the biggest box office hits this year.
According to a tweet from Gitesh Pandya, Founder and Editor of Box Office Guru, the film has already become the all-time biggest preview record for Paramount and the biggest ever for Memorial Day holiday weekend.
"Massive launch for #TopGunMaverick with $19.26M from previews held on THU and before. New all-time biggest preview record for Paramount & biggest ever for Memorial Day holiday wknd. Huge FRI/SAT/SUN/MON ahead with broad appeal," wrote Pandya.
He added that the film's star, Tom Cruise, is having the biggest opening weekend of his whole career.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.