AngloGold Ashanti (JO: ANGJ ), the multinational gold mining company, announced the completion of its corporate restructuring on Monday. The company has moved its primary listing to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) from the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, maintaining the ticker symbol AU. The restructuring plan, first introduced on May 12 and approved by shareholders on August 18 this year, also includes a new corporate domicile in the UK.
The CEO of AngloGold Ashanti, Alberto Calderon, commented on the move stating it offers improved access to the world's largest capital market and positions the company alongside the industry's highest-valued gold firms. Calderon emphasized that this restructuring signifies a significant new era for AngloGold Ashanti as it continues to enhance performance from its world-class asset base.
The company's ordinary shares commenced trading on the NYSE today. Trading in the AngloGold Ashanti Limited American Depositary Shares (ADSs) on the NYSE ceased at the market close last Friday and the ADS program has now been terminated.
Despite these changes, AngloGold Ashanti has shown commitment to its secondary listings. It continues to maintain listings on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and A2X Markets in South Africa, and Ghana Stock Exchange (GhSE) in Ghana. The company's ordinary shares began trading on JSE and A2X last Wednesday under the ticker symbol ANG. It is set to commence trading of ordinary shares and Ghanaian Depositary Shares on GhSE under ticker symbols AGA and AAD respectively tomorrow.
In addition to these changes, AngloGold Ashanti has relocated its headquarters to Denver, Colorado while retaining a substantial corporate office in Johannesburg. The newly restructured entity is incorporated in England and Wales with registration number 14654651.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.