Arbutus Biopharma (NASDAQ: ABUS ) Corporation (Nasdaq: ABUS) today announced the appointment of Melissa V. Rewolinski, PhD, to its board of directors, effective July 12, 2023.
“We are excited to welcome Dr. Rewolinski to the Arbutus Board,” said William Collier, President and Chief Executive Officer of Arbutus. “Dr. Rewolinski brings more than 20 years of strategic, operational and drug development experience within the pharmaceutical industry. We look forward to relying on her counsel and expertise as we continue to advance our pipeline of assets directed towards a functional cure for HBV and novel treatment options for coronavirus.”
Dr. Rewolinski currently serves as principal of MVR Consulting, where she specializes in providing counsel to small and mid-size biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Earlier she held a number of senior level R&D positions for Intercept, rising to Senior Vice President, Head of Technical Operations, and member of the Executive Team. Previously, she served as Senior Director, Development for Amira Pharmaceuticals, and before that as a Chemical Development Group Leader and a Pharmaceutical Sciences Project Team Leader for Pfizer Global R&D. Dr. Rewolinski began her career at Pharmacia & Upjohn as a post-doctoral research scientist. She currently serves as a board member for Lannett Company, Inc., and American Type Culture Collection (ATCC). Dr. Rewolinski earned a doctorate degree in organic chemistry and Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, magna cum laude, from Rice University.
Dr. Rewolinski, commented, “This is an exciting time to join the Board of Arbutus. I look forward to working with my fellow Board members to support Arbutus in its continued efforts to develop treatments for HBV and coronaviruses.”
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.