By Oliver Gray
Investing.com - The S&P/ASX 200 added 103.90 points or 1.45% to 7,286.60 during Monday’s trading session, extending gains of 0.5% in the previous week as investors tracked a technology led rally on Wall Street last week, while materials also lifted amid stronger commodity prices.
Among stocks, Information Technology led the gains, up 4.6% as Block Inc (ASX: SQ2 ) surged 10.9%, Megaport Ltd (ASX: MP1 ) added 8.6%, Link Administration Holdings Ltd (ASX: LNK ) gained 0.4%, Novonix Ltd (ASX: NVX ) lifted 11%, Brainchip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN ) gained 4.2%, Altium Ltd (ASX: ALU ) added 4% and Xero Ltd (ASX: XRO ) lifted 5.2%.
Materials added 2.2% with Rio Tinto Ltd (ASX: RIO ) up 0.4%, BHP Billiton Ltd (ASX: BHP ) gaining 2.8%, Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (ASX: FMG ) adding 1.3%, Champion Iron Ltd (ASX: CIA ) down 0.4%, Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS ) lifting 2.4% and Lake Resources NL (ASX: LKE ) up 4.6%.
Health Care gained 1.9% as CSL Ltd (ASX: CSL ) added 1.9%, Sonic Healthcare Ltd (ASX: SHL ) lifted 1.7%, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd (ASX: FPH ) gained 2.8% and Resmed Inc DRC (ASX: RMD ) lifted 2.5%.
Bubs Australia Ltd (ASX: BUB ) surged 40.2% after it securing a deal to send more than a million tins of baby formula to the US to ease a nationwide shortage. A2 Milk also rallied 10.4%.
Meantime, Elders Ltd (ASX: ELD ) fell 2.7% as the company traded ex-dividend.
In New Zealand, the NZX 50 added 0.7% to 11,145.5.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.