By Oliver Gray
Among stocks, Block Inc (ASX: SQ2 ) fell 5%, Megaport Ltd (ASX: MP1 ) shed 6%, Appen Ltd (ASX: APX ) dropped 1.7%, Novonix Ltd (ASX: NVX ) lost 1.4%, Brainchip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN ) fell 3.6% and Xero Ltd (ASX: XRO ) lost 3%.
Health Care declined 1.8% collectively, as CSL Ltd (ASX: CSL ) lost 1.8%, Sonic Healthcare Ltd (ASX: SHL ) fell 2.4%, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd (ASX: FPH ) lost 1%, Ramsay Health Care Ltd (ASX: RHC ) fell 1.4% and Resmed Inc (ASX: RMD ) lost 1.3%.
Telecommunications fell 1.2% overall as Rea Group Ltd (ASX: REA ) dropped 3.3%, Domain Holdings Australia Ltd (ASX: DHG ) lost 45, Seek Ltd (ASX: SEK ) fell 2.3% and Telstra Corporation Ltd. (ASX: TLS ) lost 1%.
Bubs Australia Ltd (ASX: BUB ) also gained 6% after securing a deal to send more than a million tins to the United States to ease a nationwide shortage.
In New Zealand, the NZX 50 fell 0.2% to 11,349.5.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.