AT&T Inc (NYSE: T ).'s Chief Financial Officer expressed optimism on Thursday regarding the company's full-year forecast for free cash flow, which is expected to surpass $16 billion. This announcement resulted in a 2.3% increase in the company's shares, hitting a two-month high during midday trading.
The current FactSet consensus anticipates AT&T's free cash flow for 2023 to reach approximately $17.23 billion. Free cash flow is a crucial financial indicator for companies, as it is utilized to finance dividend payments and share buybacks.
For the third quarter of 2023, AT&T projects its free cash flow to range between $4.5 billion and $5.0 billion. This forecast aligns closely with the FactSet consensus estimate of $4.95 billion.
Historically, AT&T has demonstrated a robust performance in generating free cash flow. As reported in July 2023, the telecommunications giant had generated $15.2 billion of free cash flow over the previous 12 months. During this time, it distributed dividends and other payments totalling $9.3 billion.
Presently, AT&T pays an annual dividend of $1.11 per share. Based on current stock prices, this represents a dividend yield of 7.42%. This figure places AT&T as the fourth-highest yielding stock in the S&P 500 , significantly exceeding the S&P 500’s average implied yield of 1.53%.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.