Share with your network! The country’s municipalities have spent a billion rand on consultants to help with financial statements.
Auditor-general Tsakani Maluleke has painted a bleak picture of municipal finances to Parliament.
Maluleke says there was R26-billion in irregular expenditure at municipalities in the 2019-2020 financial year.
She says municipalities lack preventative controls and little action is taken against officials for wrongdoing.
Out of the 257 municipalities across the country, only 27 received clean audits.
Share with your network! The post Auditor-General Paints Bleak Picture Of Municipal Finances appeared first on iAfrica.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
every year same storry nothing new..Like 0