By Oliver Gray
Investing.com - The ASX 200 added 27.10 points or 0.36% to 7,470.10 during Monday’s session, recouping a 0.2% decline in the previous week as strong gains in technology and healthcare stocks boosted sentiment while long term bond yields eased.
Among stocks, Mesoblast Ltd (ASX: MSB ) surged 11.76% after releasing a phase three trial result. Incitec Pivot Ltd (ASX: IPL ) climbed 3.9% after reporting a strong increase in revenue and profit. Major miners finished mixed, with Rio Tinto Ltd (ASX: RIO ) down 0.26%, BHP Billiton Ltd (ASX: BHP ) falling 0.88% while Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (ASX: FMG ) gained 1.33%. Gold miners provided solid gains with Northern Star Resources Ltd (ASX: NST ) adding 0.19%, Newcrest Mining Ltd (ASX: NCM ) adding 0.59%, and Chalice Gold Mines Ltd (ASX: CHN ) up 1.84%. Tech names closed higher as Xero Ltd (ASX: XRO ) gained 2.73%, Technology One Ltd (ASX: TNE ) added 1.97% to close at record highs, Appen Ltd (ASX: APX ) lifted 3.14%, Zip Co Ltd (ASX: Z1P ) added 1.64% while Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT ) fell 0.92%.
In New Zealand, the NZX 50 was up 0.44% to 12964.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.