By Oliver Gray
Investing.com - The S&P/ASX 200 was lower in Friday’s mid-morning deals, down 75.00 points or 1.03% to 7,213.50 and snapping 3 sessions of consecutive gains as investors tracked losses on Wall Street after a hot U.S. inflation reading led to greater expectations that the Federal Reserve will have to move forcefully to cool down the economy by raising interest rates.
ASX 200 Futures were down 0.5%.
Among stocks, Technology shares led declines, down 3.24%. Block Inc (ASX: SQ2 ) shed 5.71%, Zip Co Ltd (ASX: Z1P ) fell 4.23%, Appen Ltd (ASX: APX ) lost 5.12%, Megaport Ltd (ASX: MP1 ) was down 5.8%, Novonix Ltd (ASX: NVX ) lost 3.52%, Brainchip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN ) fell 1.5%, Altium Ltd (ASX: ALU ) lost 3.3%, Xero Ltd (ASX: XRO ) shed 3.73% and Wisetech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC ) dipped 2.81%.
REITs also fell 3.04% collectively, with Mirvac Group (ASX: MGR ) down 2.35%, Charter Hall Group (ASX: CHC ) falling 4.69%, Goodman Group (ASX: GMG ) shedding 3.33%, Stockland Corporation Ltd (ASX: SGP ) down 1.96% and Scentre Group Ltd (ASX: SCG ) falling 1.64%.
Financials were about 0.85% lower overall. Macquarie Group Ltd (ASX: MQG ) added 0.83%, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (ASX: ANZ ) lifted 0.18%, National Australia Bank Ltd (ASX: NAB ) gained 0.54%, Westpac Banking Corp (ASX: WBC ) added 0.2% and Commonwealth Bank Of Australia (ASX: CBA ) dipped 1.16%.
In New Zealand, the NZX 50 was down 1.32% to 12,250.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.