By Oliver Gray
Investing.com - The S&P/ASX 200 added 10.50 points or 0.14% to 7,425.90.on Friday, following a flat close in the previous session and gaining 0.6% for the week as market participants evaluate a slew of domestic quarterly meeting as well as Q3 earnings reports from major U.S. companies.
On the coronavirus front, New South Wales tallied 345 fresh cases, Victoria added 2189 cases and the ACT added 13 cases.
Among stocks, major mining companies dropped after Iron ore dipped 5.8% overnight. Rio Tinto (ASX: RIO ) lost 2.9% to $94.00. BHP (ASX: BHP ) fell 2.47% to $37.54, while Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (ASX: FMG ) lost 2.08% to $14.10. Lynas Rare Earths Ltd (ASX: LYC ) also dipped 6.85% after reporting lower sales and production in the June quarter as coronavirus restrictions affected logistics and personnel availability. Meantime, Qantas Airways Ltd (ASX: QAN ) added 0.88% after confirming plans to bring forward dates for resuming domestic travel.
ASX 200 Futures were up 10 points or 0.14%.
In New Zealand, the NZX 50 added 0.32% to 13167.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.