By Oliver Gray
ASX 200 Futures were pointing 0.2% lower.
Among stocks, rising Iron ore prices overnight boosted miners, with Rio Tinto Ltd (ASX: RIO ) up 3%, BHP Billiton Ltd (ASX: BHP ) gaining 2.4%, Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (ASX: FMG ) up 3.4% and Champion Iron Ltd (ASX: CIA ) adding 6.9%. Lithium miners also recovered from losses earlier in the week, with Liontown Resources Ltd (ASX: LTR ) adding 5%, Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS ) up 3.7% and Magnis Resources Ltd (ASX: MNS ) gaining 4%.
Information Technology gained 2.6%, tracking a strong session on Wall Street, with Block Inc (ASX: SQ2 ) adding 4.7%, Appen Ltd (ASX: APX ) up 1.8%, Megaport Ltd (ASX: MP1 ) gaining 2.9%, Novonix Ltd (ASX: NVX ) lifting 4.6%, Brainchip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN ) gaining 2.4% and Altium Ltd (ASX: ALU ) up 3.3%.
Real estate stocks lifted 0.5%, with Goodman Group (ASX: GMG ) up 1.2%, Charter Hall Group (ASX: CHC ) lifting 1.5%, Mirvac Group (ASX: MGR ) up 0.5%, Stockland Corporation Ltd (ASX: SGP ) adding 0.8% and Scentre Group Ltd (ASX: SCG ) lifting 0.4%.
Financials were up 0.2%, with Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (ASX: ANZ ) up 0.6%, Commonwealth Bank Of Australia (ASX: CBA ) gaining 0.3%, Westpac Banking Corp (ASX: WBC ) adding 0.6% and National Australia Bank Ltd (ASX: NAB ) 0.3%.
Meantime, Healius Ltd (ASX: HLS ) dropped 4.5% after reporting “more difficult market conditions” in the second half of the financial year.
In New Zealand, the NZX 50 added 0.5% to 11,406.1.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.