By Oliver Gray
Investing.com - The S&P/ASX 200 was up 9.60 points or 0.13% to 7,423.30 during Thursday trade, following gains of 0.53% in the previous session as market participants digested a slew of third-quarter earnings reports both locally and abroad, while higher long term bond yields subdued risk sentiment.
ASX 200 Futures were flat at 7394.
In coronavirus news, Victoria tallied 2232 local cases as Prime Minister Scott Morrison that Victoria has reached its 70% double-dose vaccination target, while New South Wales added 372 fresh cases.
Among stocks, Santos Ltd (ASX: STO ), one of the nation’s largest oil and gas producers, reported a record-breaking US$1.14 billion in quarterly sales revenue as a worsening global energy crunch sends commodity prices soaring. Healius Ltd (ASX: HLS ) gained 4.5% after third-quarter revenue jumped 44%, after revealing it is continuing to see revenues surge due to local coronavirus testing.
In New Zealand, the NZX 50 fell 14.03 points or 0.11% to 13100.21.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.