On Tuesday, BCE (NYSE: BCE ) Inc's Series AF Preferred Shares (TSX: BCE-PRF.TO) were traded at a minimum of $14.83, marking a significant 40% discount compared to their liquidation preference amount. The convertible preferred shares offer an attractive yield of over 6.5% through an annualized quarterly dividend of $0.9663. This is particularly notable considering the company's positive track record of raising its dividend for 14 consecutive years, as pointed out by InvestingPro Tips.
This trading activity comes with a detailed one-year performance chart and a dividend history chart, which provides historical payments on these preferred shares. The sizable discount and the high yield make these shares an interesting prospect for investors looking for income generation. According to InvestingPro data, BCE Inc 's dividend yield as of Y2023.D276 stands at a considerable 7.81%, further solidifying the company's appeal for income-focused investors.
Meanwhile, BCE Inc's common shares (TSX: BCE.TO) experienced a minor dip on Tuesday, down approximately 0.3%. This slight downward movement aligns with the broader market trends observed on the same trading day. InvestingPro data indicates that the company's 1 Week Price Total Return as of Y2023.D276 was -4.88%, reflecting the recent market volatility.
The trading nuances between the preferred shares and common shares of BCE Inc exhibit a distinct dynamic within the company's stock portfolio. As such, investors may find value in differentiating between these two types of shares based on their investment goals and risk tolerance. In fact, InvestingPro Tips suggests that the company's stock generally trades with low price volatility, making it a potentially suitable option for risk-averse investors.
For investors interested in further insights and tips, InvestingPro offers a wealth of additional information. For instance, it highlights that BCE Inc. is a prominent player in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and has maintained dividend payments for an impressive 53 consecutive years. For more such insights, consider exploring the InvestingPro product that includes a total of 13 tips for BCE Inc.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.