Investing.com -- Beyond Meat reported Wednesday quarterly results that topped Wall Street estimates as cost cuts helped boost margins.
Beyond Meat (NASDAQ: BYND ) was up more than 8% in aftermarket hours following the report.
The company reported a loss of 92 cents per share on revenue of $92.2 million, topping analyst estimates for a loss of $1.02 a share on revenue of $91.7M.
The better-than-expected results were driven by a jump in gross margin to 6.7% from 0.2% in the year-ago period, underpinned by lower costs.
Looking ahead, the company reaffirmed its forecast for revenues to be in the range of approximately $375M to $415M, representing a decrease of approximately 10% to 1% compared to 2022.
Gross margin, however, was now expected to be 1% to 2% points above prior guidance of the low double-digit range for the full year, following an accounting change.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.