NEW YORK - Binance, the world's leading cryptocurrency exchange, is set to remove several spot trading pairs involving the Russian Ruble (RUB), including ADA/RUB and BNB/RUB, amid regulatory challenges and liquidity issues. The company announced today its decision to exit the Russian market through a sale to CommEX, coupled with the cessation of Russian Ruble deposits.
In a strategic move that will unfold over the coming months, Binance also revealed plans to discontinue its BUSD stablecoin pairs by February 2024. This decision will affect liquidity pools for major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH). Additionally, margin trading pairs that include Cardano (ADA) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) in BUSD are set to be removed from the platform.
The review of ADA/RUB and ALGO/RUB spot trading pairs commenced today due to concerns over their liquidity and volume. By Sunday, November 20, 2023, these specific Russian Ruble pairs will be delisted from Binance's Spot market. However, asset trading on Binance will continue with other currency pairs, ensuring that traders have access to alternative options for their transactions.
The latest developments reflect Binance's efforts to adapt to the evolving regulatory landscape and maintain robust liquidity for its users. As the exchange phases out certain operations, it remains committed to providing a diverse range of trading opportunities through its global platform.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.