Cryptocurrencies are experiencing a notable uptrend, with Bitcoin reaching new heights and a lesser-known token, ORDI, hitting an all-time high. ORDI, which operates on the Ordinals protocol, achieved a record value of $44.03 before experiencing a minor correction to approximately $41.50. This represents a substantial 28% daily increase and an impressive 114% rise within the past week.
Bitcoin, the leading cryptocurrency by market capitalization, has also shown significant gains. It soared above $42,000, following its climb over $40,000 on Sunday afternoon. This bullish momentum reflects a broader enthusiasm in the digital currency market.
ORDI's remarkable performance can be traced back to its inception earlier this year by creator Domo (NASDAQ: DOMO ). Since then, it has been embraced by major cryptocurrency exchanges such as Binance and OKX, which has contributed to its rising market valuation of $873 million. This growth places ORDI at the 65th position in cryptocurrency rankings according to CoinGecko.
The token's surge is not an isolated event in the crypto space. Other BRC-20 tokens have also witnessed substantial gains over the past week. DOMO skyrocketed by 1,098%, while PEPE increased by 107%, showcasing the dynamic nature of this asset class.
The trading volumes of ORDI reflect the market's bullish sentiment as well, with recent transactions amounting to approximately $859 million. Over the past month alone, ORDI's value has escalated by an astonishing 549%, underscoring its rapid ascent in the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.