* JSE: DSY - DSBP - UNAUDITED INTERIM RESULTS AND TRADING STATEMENT FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2020
* DISCOVERY LTD - NOT DECLARED AN INTERIM ORDINARY SHARE DIVIDEND
* DISCOVERY LTD - HY NET ASSET VALUE INCREASED BY R582 MILLION
* DISCOVERY LTD - HY HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE DECREASED 10% TO 280.3 CENTS PER SHARE
* DISCOVERY LTD - PERIOD UNDER REVIEW WAS COMPLEX, DOMINATED BY COVID-19 PANDEMIC
* DISCOVERY LTD - HY TOTAL NEW BUSINESS API INCREASED 8% TO R10 920 MILLION
* DISCOVERY LTD - ONGOING MARKET VOLATILITY IMPACTED GROUP'S NORMALISED AND HEADLINE EARNINGS.
* DISCOVERY LTD - COVID-19 PROVISIONS AND RESERVES HAVE BEEN RESILIENT AND REMAIN PRUDENT AT R3.4 BILLION
* DISCOVERY LTD - FINANCIAL PRUDENCE REMAINS A KEY FOCUS, ENSURING GROUP'S RESILIENCE IN CURRENT ENVIRONMENT
* DISCOVERY LTD - CAPITAL METRICS REMAINED ABOVE TARGET FOR ALL BUSINESSES
* DISCOVERY LTD - REINTRODUCTION OF DIVIDENDS WILL BE CONSIDERED WHEN APPROPRIATE.
* DISCOVERY LTD - EARNINGS PER SHARE (BASIC) AND HEPS (BASIC), FOR PERIOD ENDING 30 JUNE 2021, ARE EXPECTED TO BE AT LEAST 20% HIGHER
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.