Dec 9 (Reuters) - Sanlam Ltd SLMJ.J :
* JSE: SLM - OPERATIONAL UPDATE - OCTOBER 2020
* SANLAM - 10 MONTHS ENDING 31 OCTOBER 2020 NET VALUE OF NEW COVERED BUSINESS (VNB) OF R1 350 MILLION, DOWN 21%
* SANLAM - 10-MONTH NET VALUE OF NEW COVERED BUSINESS (VNB) OF R1 350 MILLION, DOWN 21%
* SANLAM - 10 MONTHS ENDING 31 OCTOBER 2020 NET FUND INFLOWS OF R51 BILLION, UP 17%
* SANLAM - SANTAM'S ADDITIONAL PROVISION FOR CONTINGENT BUSINESS INTERRUPTION (CBI) CLAIMS OF R1,7 BILLION IN 10 MONTHS TO 31 OCTOBER
* SANLAM - 10 MONTHS ENDING 31 OCTOBER 2020 NEW BUSINESS VOLUMES OF R248 BILLION, UP 25%
* SANLAM - NET OPERATIONAL EARNINGS 33% LOWER (UP 4% EXCLUDING COVID-19 IMPACT) FOR 10 MONTHS ENDING 31 OCTOBER 2020
* SANLAM - 10-MONTH NET FUND INFLOWS OF R51 BILLION, UP 17%
* SANLAM - 10-MONTH NET VNB MARGIN OF 2,30%, DOWN FROM 2,80% IN 2019
* SANLAM - GROUP'S NET RESULT FROM FINANCIAL SERVICES DECLINED BY 21% ON FIRST 10 MONTHS OF 2019 FINANCIAL YEAR
* SANLAM - REMAINS WELL POSITIONED TO WEATHER HEADWINDS WITH A ROBUST BALANCE SHEET AND SOLVENCY POSITION
* SANLAM - HEADLINE EARNINGS AND DILUTED HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE INCREASED BY 4% FOR 10 MONTHS ENDING 31 OCTOBER 2020
* SANLAM - EXPECT OPERATING ENVIRONMENT TO REMAIN CHALLENGING FOR REMAINDER OF 2020 AND INTO 2021
* SANLAM - NEW BUSINESS GROWTH FOR REMAINDER OF 2020 WILL ALSO BE IMPACTED BY A HIGH BASE IN SECOND HALF OF 2019 AS EXPECTED
* SANLAM - EVENTUAL CLAIMS EXPERIENCE FROM COVID-19 REMAINS UNCERTAIN
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.