July 9 (Reuters) - Sappi Ltd SAPJ.J :
* JSE: SAP - CLOSURE OF PM2 AT STOCKSTADT MILL IN GERMANY AS WELL AS PM9” AND THE ENERGY COMPLEX AT WESTBROOK MILL IN THE USA
* SAPPI LTD - TWO DECISIONS WHICH WILL CUMULATIVELY REMOVE CAPACITY, REDUCE COSTS, IMPROVE MACHINE UTILIZATION AND INCREASE COMPETITIVENESS
* SAPPI LTD - ONCE-OFF RESTRUCTURING CHARGES RELATED TO SAPPI STOCKSTADT MILL AMOUNT TO ABOUT EUR 27 MILLION
* SAPPI LTD - APPROXIMATELY 170 EMPLOYEES WILL LEAVE CO WITH PRODUCTION EXPECTED TO CEASE ON 30 SEPT 2020 AT STOCKSTADT MILL
* SAPPI LTD - SAPPI NORTH AMERICA HAS DECIDED TO PERMANENTLY SHUT PM9 AND MAJORITY OF ENERGY COMPLEX AT ITS WESTBROOK MILL IN STATE OF MAINE
* SAPPI LTD - RESTRUCTURING CHARGE OF APPROXIMATELY US$14 MILLION (US$11 MILLION CASH; US$3 MILLION NON-CASH) IS EXPECTED DURING SAPPI'S Q4
* SAPPI LTD - APPROXIMATELY 75 EMPLOYEES WILL BE IMPACTED
* SAPPI LTD - SAPPI WILL SHIFT PM9'S BASE PAPER PRODUCTION TO ITS MILLS IN CLOQUET, MINNESOTA AND SKOWHEGAN, MAINE
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.