Nov 20 (Reuters) - Spur Corporation Ltd SURJ.J :
* FY DILUTED HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE 52.1% LOWER
* FY GROUP REVENUE DECLINED BY 19.4% TO R761.6 MILLION
* FY TOTAL FRANCHISED RESTAURANT SALES DOWN 21.7% TO R6.0 BILLION
* COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND RESULTANT LOCKDOWNS SEVERELY IMPACTED TRADING ACROSS GROUP
* GROUP IN AN UNGEARED FINANCIAL POSITION AT YEAR END
* CURRENT WEAK TRADING ENVIRONMENT IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE IN MEDIUM TERM
* NO FINAL DIVIDEND HAS BEEN DECLARED.
* FRANCHISE AND MARKETING FEES ARE BEING INCREASED BUT REMAIN AT DISCOUNTED LEVELS
* ALSO REVIEWING COST STRUCTURE OF INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS
* GRADUAL INCREASES IN FEE RATES ARE ANTICIPATED AS RESTAURANT TURNOVERS CONTINUE TO RECOVER.
* RESTAURANT INDUSTRY FACES A PROTRACTED PERIOD OF RECOVERY
* FRANCHISEES ARE STARTING TO REPORT STRONGER TURNOVER LEVELS POST HARD LOCKDOWN
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.