BofA Global boosted the stock two notches to buy from underperform.
American depositary receipts of British American Tobacco (NYSE: BTI ) rose 4%.
BofA cited a moves to slim down the company, a better competitive environment in vaping and reduced U.S. regulatory risks as reasons for the rare double upgrade.
“The company is taking the right actions, shifting away from the status quo of a traditional tobacco company, recognizing the challenges faced in NGPs (new generation products) and implementing the right strategic decisions to compete more eﬀectively in the new fast-evolving world of tobacco,” analyst Mirco Badocco wrote.
The stock is up about 34% year to date.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.