Budweiser Owner Could Double in 2021; Barclays Upgrades
By Christiana Sciaudone
Investing.com -- Anheuser Busch Inbev SA NV (BR: ABI ) jumped almost 4% after Barclays (LON: BARC ) said shares could double this year.
The firm upgraded the Budweiser maker to overweight from equal weight saying the company's margin potential is being underestimated, Seeking Alpha reported.
"With high leverage and a depressed rating, in our opinion ABI is the only beverage stock under our coverage with a share price that could theoretically double during 2021," Barclays said.
Anheuser-Busch shares are up about 45% over the past 12 months, and the company has beaten estimates for the past three quarters. Its debt to equity ratio is 145%, compared to the industry average of 67%, according to data compiled by Investing.com.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or