(Updated - December 7, 2023 8:22 AM EST)
Investing.com -- C3.ai (NYSE: AI ) reported mixed fiscal second-quarter results as revenue fell short of estimates, but the AI software maker talked up the return of faster growth amid a transition to consumption-based pricing model.
C3.ai Inc (AI) fell nearly 10% in pre-market trading following the report.
The AI software maker reported an adjusted loss of $0.13 per diluted share on revenue of $73.2 million, compared with estimates for an adjusted loss of $0.18 on revenue of $73.2M.
Looking ahead, the company forecast a Q3 adjusted loss from operations of $40M to $46M on revenue of $74M to $78M. That compared to Wall Street estimates for revenue of $77.69M.
For the full-year, the company now expects revenue of between $295M to $320M and an adjusted operating loss of $115M to $135M, with the latter up from a prior forecast for a loss of $70M to $100M.
"We are seeing a return to accelerating revenue growth as we continue our transition to a consumption-based pricing model," the company said.
DA Davidson analysts reiterated a Neutral rating and cut the price target by $2 to $28 per share.
"We believe shares still adequately reflect demand from Generative AI as C3.ai accelerates revenue growth. However, given the deterioration of profitability, we reduce our price target."
Northland Capital Markets analysts highlighted that the GenAI pipeline rose 60% sequentially.
Shares were up 160% YTD into the report.
Upgrade your decision-making with InvestingPro+! Using discount code “INVESTPRO” receive an additional 10% off the InvestingPro+ yearly subscription. Click here and don't forget the discount code.
Additional reporting by Senad Karaahmetovic
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.