Investing.com - Campbell Soup reported on Thursday fourth quarter earnings that beat analysts' forecasts and revenue that topped expectations.
Campbell Soup announced earnings per share of $0.63 on revenue of $2.11B. Analysts polled by Investing.com anticipated EPS of $0.6 on revenue of $2.05B.
Campbell Soup shares are up 5% from the beginning of the year and are trading at $52.12 , down-from-52-week-high.They are under-performing the S&P 500 which is up 10.13% from the start of the year.
Campbell Soup shares lost 0.63% in intra-day trade the report.
Campbell Soup follows other major Consumer/Non-Cyclical sector earnings this month
Campbell Soup's report follows an earnings missed by Estee Lauder on Thursday, August 20, 2020, who reported EPS of $-0.5 on revenue of $2.43B, compared to forecasts EPS of $-0.19 on revenue of $2.45B.
Brown Forman had beat expectations on Wednesday with first quarter EPS of $0.67 on revenue of $753M, compared to forecast for EPS of $0.3 on revenue of $689.68M.
Stay up-to-date on all of the upcoming earnings reports by visiting Investing.com's earnings calendar
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.