The analysts also lifted the CWH price target to $36, while LAZY's was moved to $14 per share as DA Davidson takes a more favorable view on RV retailers.
"We believe both dealership chains are outperforming the broader RV industry on inventory health, profitability and used RV sales," they wrote.
"Their proactive approach to clearing MY22 inventory has left these retailers in a position to take advantage of attractive MY23 OEM discounts, which should lead to improved 2H23 new vehicle margins. Our most recent inventory data scrape revealed that both CWH (11.5%) and LAZY (6.0%) were both outpacing the top dealership chains (13.1%)," they added.
The analysts also noted that used RV sales remain strong as customer preference continues to shift towards cheaper options, while June new RV sales show minimal improvement compared to May but are still trending below 2019 levels.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.