At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite added 0.02% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were NovaGold Resources Inc (TSX: NG ), which rose 6.98% or 0.75 points to trade at 11.49 at the close. Corus Entertainment Inc (TSX: CJRb ) added 6.27% or 0.35 points to end at 5.93 and Ballard Power Systems Inc (TSX: BLDP ) was up 5.62% or 0.630 points to 11.840 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aurora Cannabis Inc (TSX: ACB ), which lost 11.52% or 0.280 points to trade at 2.150 in late trade. Hexo Corp (TSX: HEXO ) declined 10.31% or 0.2000 points to end at 1.7400 and BRP Inc (TSX: DOO ) shed 4.02% or 2.43 points to 57.96.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 620 to 440 and 101 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was up 16.98% to 11.78.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.49% or 7.55 to $1561.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.71% or 0.42 to hit $59.14 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.47% or 0.31 to trade at $65.06 a barrel.
CAD/USD was down 0.01% to 0.7659, while CAD/EUR fell 0.13% to 0.6887.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 97.085.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.