At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite added 0.11%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. (TSX: IVN ), which rose 7.71% or 0.290 points to trade at 4.050 at the close. Parex Resources Inc (TSX: PXT ) added 6.09% or 1.270 points to end at 22.140 and Whitecap Resources Inc . (TSX: WCP ) was up 5.11% or 0.25 points to 5.14 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Canfor Corporation (TSX: CFP ), which lost 17.93% or 2.79 points to trade at 12.77 in late trade. Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. (TSX: TRQ ) declined 7.29% or 0.070 points to end at 0.890 and Aurora Cannabis Inc (TSX: ACB ) shed 6.95% or 0.230 points to 3.080.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 595 to 479 and 125 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was up 1.04% to 12.67.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.01% or 0.10 to $1480.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.06% or 0.64 to hit $60.78 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 1.18% or 0.77 to trade at $66.11 a barrel.
CAD/USD was down 0.01% to 0.7601, while CAD/EUR fell 0.04% to 0.6818.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.18% at 96.755.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.