At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite gained 0.96% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were Canopy Growth Corp (TSX: WEED ), which rose 13.41% or 1.310 points to trade at 11.080 at the close. Cameco Corp (TSX: CCO ) added 13.39% or 3.38 points to end at 28.62 and Aurora Cannabis Inc (TSX: ACB ) was up 9.59% or 0.510 points to 5.830 in late trade.
Biggest losers included OceanaGold Corporation (TSX: OGC ), which lost 4.66% or 0.095 points to trade at 1.945 in late trade. Osisko Mining Corp (TSX: OSK ) declined 3.43% or 0.17 points to end at 4.79 and Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd. (TSX: WDO ) shed 1.98% or 0.25 points to 12.35.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 742 to 299 and 110 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was up 0.17% to 23.20.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.26% or 4.80 to $1832.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.64% or 0.57 to hit $89.93 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.99% or 0.90 to trade at $91.68 a barrel.
CAD/USD was up 0.25% to 0.7884, while CAD/EUR rose 0.20% to 0.6903.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 95.570.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.