At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite declined 0.03%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were Enerplus Corporation (TSX: ERF ), which rose 4.12% or 0.51 points to trade at 12.90 at the close. Shopify Inc (TSX: SHOP ) added 3.20% or 66.02 points to end at 2132.01 and Dye & Durham Ltd (TSX: DND ) was up 3.09% or 1.26 points to 42.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tilray Inc (TSX: TLRY ), which lost 13.04% or 2.03 points to trade at 13.54 in late trade. Cronos Group Inc (TSX: CRON ) declined 12.29% or 0.86 points to end at 6.14 and Aurora Cannabis Inc (TSX: ACB ) shed 11.14% or 1.110 points to 8.850.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 641 to 321 and 126 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was up 13.36% to 13.32.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.48% or 8.95 to $1861.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.30% or 1.01 to hit $78.56 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.28% or 1.03 to trade at $81.31 a barrel.
CAD/USD was up 0.04% to 0.7932, while CAD/EUR fell 0.41% to 0.6976.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 95.558.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.