Coin Edition -
- Casio announces the launch of the virtual G-SHOCK project, partnering with Polygon Labs.
- The platform reveals that 15,000 limited–edition G-SHOCK creator NFT passes will be distributed via Polygon.
- The project intends to create a simple and frictionless customer experience.
Japanese electronics multinational Casio recently announced the launch of its virtual G-SHOCK project, as part of its 40th anniversary celebration, in collaboration with Polygon Labs. In a press release, Casio revealed that 15,000 limited–edition G-SHOCK creator pass non-fungible tokens (NFTs) would be distributed to customers via Polygon, from September 23, 2023.
Reportedly, the NFT passes grant entry into a Discord channel, enabling participation in various events held in the virtual G-SHOCK community. Casio shared that those who have already applied for a CASIO ID on the official website site will be eligible for the initial stage of NFT pass distribution from September 23 to 26, while public distribution of the pass will follow thereafter, until September 29.
Takahashi Oh, senior general manager of Casio’s Timepiece Division, asserted that G-SHOCK’s virtual project is intended to create a “frictionless and simple” user experience. He elaborated on the vision for the project, stating:
In recent years, with the spread of the decentralized internet known as web3, demand for experiences in virtual spaces has increased. We have launched this initiative to further expand the G-Shock brand by establishing points of contact with previously unreachable segments of the population.
As per the official statement, Casio will also provide an opportunity for users to suggest designs for the G-SHOCK NFT pass. Users will then be able to vote for their preferred designs to become a variant of the pass offered by Casio.
Casio acknowledged Polygon’s capability to facilitate rapid transactions for smooth NFT management. This collaboration marks the latest in a string of major partnerships between Polygon Labs and industry giants that have so far included Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX ) and Adidas (ETR: ADSGN ).
The post Casio Partners with Polygon Launching Virtual G-SHOCK Project appeared first on Coin Edition.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.