Coin Edition -
- Crypto analyst Crypto Banter said the Chinese buying is one of the factors behind the recent Bitcoin pump.
- Chinese investors were abandoning the Chinese Yuan for Bitcoin, buying at over $32k apiece.
- Unlike predicted, Bitcoin has seen renewed interest in September, adding a 4% gain in the past 7 days.
Crypto analyst CryptoBanter, in a recent video on YouTube, said Chinese buying is one of the reasons behind the recent Bitcoin pump. Following steep declines in August, the world’s largest cryptocurrency has seen moderate positive performance in September.
The analyst mentioned that Chinese consumers are abandoning the country’s currency, which has depreciated in value, for Bitcoin and gold. The stock market and housing market crisis have also reportedly weakened the Chinese Yuan.
According to the analyst, the rush for digital gold in China has seen its price go up to $32,500 for one bitcoin and then swap for USDT at $33k. The price of Bitcoin in China is significantly higher than the current Bitcoin price of $27,135, thus creating a huge arbitrage opportunity.
Furthermore, the analyst said September, which was a traditionally bearish month for Bitcoin, has performed otherwise. While many analysts predicted a steeper downturn in the token’s price, BTC has instead performed, up over 4% this month.
Per the video, the analyst said the token is on track to garner more gains. Referencing previous price movements, the analyst noted a correlation between Bitcoin’s price and the U.S. dollar Index DXY. Whenever the DXY goes up to 105, the price of Bitcoin also goes up.
Additionally, the analyst said long-term Bitcoin holders have increased to over 75%. Furthermore, he said many of the long-term holders are still acquiring the token despite volatile market conditions.
Data from CoinMarketCap show that the token has added a 0.79% gain in the past 24 hours. On the weekly price chart, Bitcoin has increased by 4.56%. At the time of press, the token had a market cap of $528 billion, making it the largest cryptocurrency network in the world.
The post Chinese Buying Sparks Recent Bitcoin Rally, Crypto Analyst Reports appeared first on Coin Edition.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.