Chipmakers drive European shares higher
(For a live blog on European stocks, type LIVE/ in an Eikon news window)
Nov 12 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Tuesday boosted by gains in chipmakers, while investors awaited a key speech by U.S. President Donald Trump for clues on a trade deal with China.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index .STOXX edged slightly higher by 0840 GMT, with technology stocks .SXPP rising 0.3% rise.
Investors are keenly awaiting a speech by Trump to the Economic Club of New York later in the day to look for any new word on the Sino-U.S. Phase one trade deal. took the spotlight, with Dialog Semiconductor DLGS.DE jumping 5.2% after it lifted its gross and operating margin forecasts. Infineon Technologies IFXGn.DE gained 5.5% despite forecasting slower growth in the year ahead. post and logistics group Deutsche Post DHL DPWGn.DE rose 3.3% after reporting an almost tripling of third-quarter operating profit and said it expected a strong fourth quarter.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or