Citi Research opened a 90-day positive catalyst watch on Chinese automaker BYD (SZ: 002594 ) (OTC: BYDDY ) and expects the company's 2Q23E NP to reach RMB 5 - 5.7 billion (RMB 1 = $0.183) showing a quarter-on-quarter (QoQ) growth of 25-30%.
Additionally, the estimated net profit per vehicle for the second quarter of 2023 is expected to be RMB 7.5-8k, which is an improvement from the RMB 7-7.5k recorded in the first quarter of 2023. Analysts anticipate a monthly improvement in delivery going forward and a continued acceleration in exports for BYD.
Citi Research maintained BYD as a sector top pick as analysts wrote in a note, “We expect 24E-26E BYD total earnings and sales can still grow at above 20% CAGR with the support from export growth, and sequential ROIC expansion due to revenue mix upgrade from faster mid-high end car sales, which means the stock is trading below 1x 2024 PEG (23E PER 24.3x, 24E 16.2x) with attractive valuation risk-reward with the near-term catalysts.”
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.