By Senad Karaahmetovic
Citi analyst Keith Horowitz upgraded shares of JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM ) to Buy from Neutral with a $135 per share price target, down from $145.
The analyst describes JPM’s valuation as “no longer premium” while “higher capital levels (and limited buybacks) now seem priced in.” Moreover, Horowitz said he still sees upside on EPS.
“We believe investors will first look to high-quality franchises with strong management teams and a sound balance sheet, and we believe JPM fits this narrative. Given the YTD pull back in the stock, we believe the market is no longer reflecting a premium valuation and we view this as an attractive entry point,” Horowitz wrote in a research note.
On the other hand, the analyst cut the rating on Regions Financial (NYSE: RF ) to Neutral from Buy as Citi sees “limited EPS upside from higher rates.”
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.