Costco Q4 Results Top Estimates, Led by Growth in U.S., Canada
By Yasin Ebrahim
Investing -- Costco reported Thursday fourth-quarter results that beat on both the top and bottom lines, led by growth in its core domestic markets.
Costco Wholesale Corp (NASDAQ: COST ) was nearly 3% lower in aftermarket hours.
Costco Wholesale reported fiscal Q4 earnings of $4.20 a share on revenue of $72.09 billion, compared with estimates for $4.15 and revenue of $71.64 billion.
Comparable sales in the quarter increased 13.7%. The bulk of the sales was generated in the U.S. and Canada, with both up 15.8% and 13.4% respectively, while international was up 2.9% in the quarter.
E-commerce sales were up 7.1% in the quarter.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or