In an overall positive trading session on Tuesday, the cryptocurrency market experienced a general uptrend among major digital currencies. Polygon ( MATICUSD ) led the rally, registering a 1.54% growth to 53 cents, marking the most significant movement of all cryptocurrencies.
Other notable gainers included Dogecoin ( DOGEUSD ) and Cardano ( ADAUSD ), which saw increases of 1.17% and 0.96%, reaching values of 6 cents and 25 cents respectively. Solana ( SOLUSD ) and Uniswap (UNIUSD) also experienced growth, with Solana increasing by 0.81% to $19.86 and Uniswap by 0.78% to $4.42.
Bitcoin ( BTCUSD ), the largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, also saw a modest rise of 0.70%, taking its value to $26,980.00. Ripple ( XRPUSD ) and Ethereum ( ETHUSD ) completed Tuesday's list of gainers, with Ripple increasing by 0.70% to 51 cents and Ethereum ticking up by 0.05% to $1,638.81.
While cryptocurrencies had a mostly positive day, shares in companies related to the crypto sector experienced a downward trend on Tuesday. Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN ) Global Inc.'s shares fell by 3.62% to $78.66, while MicroStrategy (NASDAQ: MSTR ) Inc.'s shares declined by 1.50% to $335.52. Riot Platforms Inc.'s shares dropped by 3.03% to $10.60, and Marathon Digital Holdings Inc.'s shares slid down by 3.93% to $9.41.
Other companies also witnessed a decrease in their share prices. Overstock.com (NASDAQ: OSTK ) Inc.'s shares fell by 2.40% to $18.28, Block Inc.'s shares dropped by 2.81% to $49.81, and Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA ) Inc.'s shares decreased by 1.32% to $261.79. PayPal Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: PYPL ).'s shares fell by 1.63% to $61.91, Ebang International Holdings Inc.'s shares dipped by 0.53% to $7.50, NVIDIA Corp (NASDAQ: NVDA ).'s shares dropped by 1.09% to $434.86, and Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ: AMD ) Inc.'s shares declined by 1.42% to $100.92.
In the funds sector, the Amplify Transformational Data Sharing ETF, which focuses on blockchain technology, fell 1.12% to $20.80, and the Bitwise Crypto Industry Innovators ETF, which invests in pure-play crypto companies, shed 2.00% of its value to reach $7.07. However, the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust, which mirrors the market price of Bitcoin, climbed 1.14% to $19.45 on Tuesday.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.