(Adds UniCredit, Nokia, updates Odey Asset Management, Embracer and Grand Parade Investments)
Feb 19 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1330 GMT on Wednesday:
** Finnish telecom networks maker Nokia Oyj NOKIA.HE said it has agreed to acquire privately-held U.S.-based company Elenion Technologies to boost its optical networking business and broaden its offering to telecoms operators. Hedge fund Odey Asset Management said it would oppose Anglo American's AAL.L 405 million pounds ($526 million) bid to acquire a huge fertiliser project from Sirius Minerals SXX.L , saying the terms do not represent fair value. The head of UniCredit CRDI.MI repeated in a letter to staff that Italy's biggest bank had no intention of engaging in merger and acquisition deals following Intesa's ISP.MI blitz move to buy rival UBI Banca UBI.MI . Shares in Embracer EMBRACb.ST soared after the Swedish video game group said it was buying U.S. game developer Saber Interactive for up to $525 million and reported a sharp rise in quarterly core earnings. Grand Parade Investments (GPI) Ltd GPLJ.J said it is selling the Burger King South Africa franchise and a related burger-making plant to private equity firm ECP Africa Fund for 697 million rand ($47 million). Caltex Australia Ltd CTX.AX said that Britain's EG Group has offered to buy the convenience store, petrol station and refinery firm, rivalling Canada's Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc's ATDb.TO twice-improved A$8.80 billion bid. LendingClub Corp LC.N on Tuesday agreed to buy U.S. digital lender Radius Bank FRTUB.UL in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $185 million, as it looks to gain access to a cheaper source of funding and offer a broader suite of banking services. Auto lender Ally Financial Inc ALLY.N on Tuesday agreed to acquire privately held CardWorks for $2.65 billion as it looks to diversify its consumer product offerings, supported by a growing and low-cost deposit base. Bunge Ltd BG.N has offered to buy two soy processing plants in Brazil from local crusher Imcopa, the U.S. grains trader said on Tuesday, reinforcing its position as the country's biggest oilseeds processor. Brazil meatpacker JBS JBSS3.SA said in a securities filing Tuesday that it has agreed to acquire five case ready production facilities from Empire Packing Company, as well as the Ledbetter brand for $238 million.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.