(Adds Mediaset , Newcastle United, Pepco Group; updates Gilead, Banro, Sanofi)
June 23 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Tuesday:
** Mediaset MS.MI does not rule out future acquisitions to grow or a sale of non-core assets, the Italian broadcaster said in a response to investor questions ahead of a shareholder meeting on June 26. Gilead Sciences Inc GILD.O said it would buy a 49.9% stake in privately held Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc for $275 million, strengthening its cancer portfolio by securing access to two promising drugs. French drugmaker Sanofi SASY.PA has agreed a potential $2 billion vaccines deal with Translate Bio TBIO.O , expanding their collaboration in development of an inoculation against COVID-19 and sending the U.S. biotech company's shares soaring. Manager Steve Bruce says he is not interested in the progress of the proposed Saudi-back takeover of Newcastle United as he remains focused on leading his side to a top-10 Premier League finish. The boss of Pepco Group, the owner of British discount retailer Poundland, said the coronavirus crisis has delayed the sale of the group by its troubled South African parent company Steinhoff SNHJ.J . Canadian miner Banro Corporation has agreed to sell its Namoya Mining gold mine in Democratic Republic of Congo to Shomka Resources Ltd, in which China's Baiyin International Investments has a minority stake. Fosun International 0656.HK is in talks with Alibaba (NYSE: BABA ) and others to sell a stake worth $1.3 billion in the e-commerce giant's Cainiao, three people said, at a time when Alibaba has been increasing its holdings in the logistics affiliate. Iberdrola IBE.MC has signed an agreement giving it the option to take a majority stake in up to eight Swedish offshore wind projects, the Spanish utility said. Administrators in charge of South African airline Comair COMJ.J said they have received a cash offer for the carrier from a company and they would require a week to secure the funding. Credit Suisse CSGN.S has agreed a deal with digital broker modalmais that could see it buy a stake of up to 35% in the Brazilian company, the Swiss bank said. nL1N2E00J3]
** Mastercard Inc (NYSE: MA ) MA.N said it would buy Finicity in a deal valued at $825 million, adding a fintech firm that helps banks share customer data with other financial firms.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.